You found me! I knew you would. I'm very excited to welcome you to my new virtual home. I'd invite you to my actual home, but I really need to vacuum. Seriously. It's kind of gross and I'm afraid you'd have an allergy attack. Besides, the Upstairs Baby is a blossoming percussionist and you will want to murder him and then you will feel bad about yourself because, after all, he's just a baby. Or that could just be me. Just to be on the safe side, though, you're better off here.
I started this writing experiment back in 2004. For years, I didn't tell anyone my blog even existed and sometimes (e.g., 2010) it pretty much didn't.
Then some things happened:
- In 2008, I told my first story at Porchight.
- In 2010, Evan Karp posted a video of me performing and, despite my weird 20th Century technological wariness, I became internet-searchable.
- In 2011, I met the Blog Bully and he told me that if I was going to bother having a blog I should probably actually write things and post them there.
- Somewhere along the line, storytelling shifted from a thing I did a couple of times to A Thing I Do. There is video evidence. I wanted to put it one place.
- It was time to stop skulking about.
None of this means that I will stop blathering on about unimportant things around here.
But it's so pretty! And it has a real address! You probably won't even notice the shoddy content.
Thanks for coming.